29 Oct The Time-crunch Workout
Workout with Wardah – ‘The Time-crunch Workout’
I have those days when I am so pressed for time, I can only spend a maximum of 30 minutes in the gym (including warm-up and cool down). The most effective way in which to effectively use that limited amount of time is to do a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout.
Studies show that HIIT workouts allow the preservation of muscle mass while losing weight through fat loss. This particular workout I am sharing with you is what I call my ‘Time Crunch workout’.
5 minutes on the treadmill:
• 1 minute of walking at a decent pace 6.0 speed.
• 2 minute of walking/jogging at a 7-8 speed.
• If this is already getting your blood pumping then stay at that speed for the rest of the 5 minutes, if not, for the remaining time work your way up to speed 10.
Hop off the treadmill catch your breath, every exercise below must be done for 20 second intervals.
• 20 seconds incline sprint (14-20 speed, incline 3)
• 20 seconds bicycle crunches
• 20 seconds push-ups (if a full push-up is too challenging, place your knees on the floor for extra stability)
• 20 seconds of mountain climbers
• 20 seconds of squat jumps (add this exercise in if you want an extra challenge)
• (REST FOR UP TO A MINUTE ONLY)
Do this whole circuit 4 times.
• Walk slowly on the treadmill for 2 minutes taking deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.
Warning : If attempting exercise for the first time, please consult your doctor first and/or fitness professional.